
Wow is it that time again?! These weeks are kinda flying by and the months are sneaking up on me! And to think... I only have a few more weeks left in the sunshine state before I have to go back to the land of the bayou's and humidity... Oh how I long to live in Florida again! Don't get me wrong, there are things that I have loved about living in Mississippi's Gulf Coast but I am truly a Floridian! :)
1.) What's one thing in the past month you would have changed? I really can't think of anything I would change. Life has been good lately, other than I wish my hubby could be home with me and life could be normal in that aspect. :)
2.) What was your favorite thing that happened in June? Well... we did a lot of fun things with my parents and the kiddo got to spend a lot of time with her grandparents and her "cousins" they are more like 5th & 6th cousins twice removed or something but hey, I still consider them family, I've known them for most of my life now lol! Oh and we did go see Brave, that was pretty awesome! Oh and heck yes! I booked mine and hubby's cruise!!! That's gotta be the highlight! I seriously can't wait for him to come home!
3.) What did you do to celebrate Independence Day? We had a BBQ with our families friends and then we went downtown to the park I used to go to when I was a kid and watch fireworks. It was fun but it made me miss the hubby more than usual... holidays just don't feel right without him being here.
4.) When you PCS, what items do you take with you and not let the movers pack (and if you do a DITY, what do you take with you and not box up) I have learned that we prefer to do a DITY move... only because we have had things break, things stolen and things stink (packed up trash can with trash in it) from when the movers have moved our stuff. So In a DITY move, I usually pack everything except; our laptops, my jewelry, our important papers like birth certificates, marriage license, shot records, military documents etc. at least a weeks worth of clothing, our arsenal of guns and ammo and... and... and... oh yeah the dog LOL! :)
5.) What are you looking forward to in July? It's just one month closer to hubby's return (at least we are over the hump and can actually start counting down days now. Oh and we are going to North Carolina for vacation in t-minus 12 days! Hubby's family are having their family reunion and well I'm going to represent for him :) Ok ok, and maaaaybe do some white water rafting and gold/gem stone mining LOL! But its all for his sake I tell ya! :)
Have fun in North Carolina!
ReplyDeleteI don't remember where I heard this, but I did come across a story of one family that was PCSing, and their movers packed their CAT in a box.... You are smart to do the DITY. :)
ReplyDeleteyay new follower, fellow AF wife, and goodreads reader! whoohoo!! loving the blog..its so bright and fun! can't wait to read more.
ReplyDelete