
The kiddo decided she wanted to start doing something different for her "fall sport", and until soccer starts up in January/February. A few weeks ago she had come home from school with a paper that said they were holding registration for cheerleading, she showed me the paper and asked a few questions and then quickly decided that just wasn't for her... no offense to any of the little cheerleaders out there, but she IS a tom boy... and anything that has her jumping and throwing a pom-pom just isn't gonna cut for her lol! So she then asked, if there were any other sports going on that she could play until soccer season starts. I then told her I would look and find out if I could find something she would be interested in and was old enough for, and then I had an epiphany! I suddenly remembered my "gold" card of awesomeness tucked away in the back corners of my wallet, the card that allows us to do a crap ton of activities on base for free! Yes, I got one of those handy dandy "Play Passes" while hubby was deployed and since I spent most of the deployment in Florida (away from any base) I didn't get a chance much to use it... until now! So I went straight over to the youth center last Friday and signed her up straight away, and wahla! She started class on Monday! She LOOOOOOOVED every minute of it! And shes surprisingly awesome at it... what kid wouldn't want to jump, run, kick, punch and then yell on top of that LOL! Of course her dad and are are elated that she's doing another sport that we both played as well. So she is now taking Tae Kwon Do at Tiger Rock Academy by Master Calhoun on base!!! Here's just a few pics I took from her first class on Monday! She is just too awesome!!! Love my little kick-butt-towski!
Learning how to do a knee strike!
Practicing her palm heel strike! Hi-Ja!


That's awesome, glad she like it :) I wish my son would do something. He gets into stuff (most recently basketball) and when we go to put him on a team or class, he decides he doesn't like it. GRRR! lol
ReplyDelete