Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Fabulous Summer Vacation!!!

That I totally forgot to post a few weeks ago LOL! Sorry it's late but hey... better late than never right?! So I'm just gonna give you all the cliff notes version because we did A LOT of fun stuff over the summer and it's wayyyy hard to remember every detail... sorry... again I probably should have blogged this as I went along but I really didn't have much time for it.

So I'll start by saying, after school let out at the end of May and right around Memorial Day weekend we headed to Florida on a 12 1/2 hour car ride down to where my parents live in Ft. Myers. I spent a few weeks catching up with family and friends, and we enjoyed watching a few good summer block busters like "Brave" and "The Amazing Spiderman" We also took a day trip to St. Augustine Florida (which I hadn't seen since I was very young) We toured the Spanish Quarter and went to the St. Augustine Pirates Museum. In July we headed up to North Carolina to see my husbands family both his father's side of the family (Grandma & Grandpa) had family reunions going on in Skyland/Weaverville & Ashville/Arden North Carolina. We had A LOT of fun with that and it felt really good to see his side of the family again and represent for him even though he couldn't be there due to him being on his deployment. We also managed to go white water rafting (which I will save for another post since it was just too fun and needs to have a post all of its own) in Hamilton TN down the Pigeon River and panning for gold in Tukaseegee North Carolina where we stayed at a friend of the family's cabin. We also had fun checking out all the little towns around the area like Cashiers, Dillsboro, Sylvia, and Franklin. In Franklin we went to Ruby City Gem Museum and the Scottish Tartan Museum. Towards the end of our vacation we headed down for the day to Helen Georgia and Cleveland Georgia to see the Cabbage Patch Babyland Hospital, where the munchkin got to adopt her very own Cabbage Patch baby and named her Iris Brianna! We headed back home about a week before school started (so I could get her registered and school supplies bought) and then a few days after that daddy came home! All in all it was a great summer!!! Here of course are some awesome pics I took! :)

My mom & the munchkin at St. Augustine Fort.


In the Old Spanish Fort.

Awesome St. Augustine Pirate Museum!

This is where we stayed... our woodland paradise!



At my hubby's family reunion from his dad's side of the family. It was such a beautiful day!


Oh yeah... my little redneck'in girl on her cousins four wheeler.

The Family Homestead that has been in hubby's dads side of the family for generations
(since 1800)

In Helen Georgia (So pretty looks just like Germany!)

At Cabbage Patch Babyland General
Where the munchkin got to adopt her very own cabbage patch baby.
She named her Iris Brianna

Babyland General in Cleveland Georgia

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that he's home. I didn't know that :) I love the cabbage patch chair she is in. I'd love to have one for my house :)

    ReplyDelete