Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kicking White Belt Goodbye and Saying Hello to Yellow Belt!

The munchkin had her first ever Tae Kwon Do test this weekend on Saturday and it was amazing! She has been practicing for weeks and she has been doing Tae Kwon Do for a little more than a month now. Over these past few weeks she has worked hard on memorizing her moves in class twice a week, at home, heck, I think the kid is even practicing in her sleep! She has been thoroughly enjoying going to Tae Kwon Do and she loves her master and her new friends shes made in class.

This weekend happens to be our famous "cruisin the coast" weekend here in Biloxi and since traffic is notoriously horrible during this event we decided to leave quite a bit early to make it to her test on time. Well, we ended up being almost 45 minutes early (mostly because I drove the back roads) but it ended up being a good thing since she got to see what it would be like to test when it was her turn, she also got to cheer along a few of her friends from class as well.

They started testing the white and yellow belts around 11:30 and she was more than eager to get started. They lined everyone up and started out with some exercises. Then they all sat down and called them up by names in groups of 3 to test forms first, then contact skills, floor drills, finally escape drills. She rocked all 3 categories and I couldn't have been more proud! She will be receiving her yellow belt at her first belt ceremony on this Thursday and I dunno who's more excited me or her!?! LOL!

Here's some of the pics I took during her test; because yes... I am that PROUD mom :)

Lining up and getting ready to test!

Just look at those faces filled with anticipation!

Serious moves!

Perfect outer form block!

Setting up for her jumping front kick!

Amazingly perfect crescent kick!

Escape drill testing.

Oh yeah, nobody attacks me and gets away with it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment