Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I am sad to report that I do not have any and I mean ANY photos from Thanksgiving this year. In all fairness I did spend about eight hours in the kitchen on my feet cooking for nine people! We had Turkey, Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Gravy, Veggies, Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potatoes and whatever else you normally have at Thanksgiving. We had apple and pecan pie for dessert, because I'm allergic to Pumpkins. Everyone was kind enough to suffer with me and not have Pumpkin Pie. I always feel a bit guilty whenever Thanksgiving comes around because lets face it... for most, it's just not Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. Yes, I would try to avoid it by the obvious and not eat it, if it were actually that simple. However, I am extremely allergic and if I touch it I break out in welts and blow up like a balloon animal. I'm not 100% sure but I think if I may even look at pumpkins my eyeballs would explode LOL!

The guest list this year consisted of; Hubby, Child, Myself, 3 other people hubs works with who are temporary here at Keesler without their families and three airman (two of which were actually ladies) straight out of tech school, they are still so cute when they are at that level! LOL! I always love having them over because they are so appreciative and respectful. They all got to see their families briefly after BMT for graduation but that time is so short (two day weekend) that I'm not sure if its easier or harder on them. They were sent straight here to Keesler for school, no breaks in between and no family time. That it R-O-U-G-H! Especially since they were quite young and this was their first time out in the world and away from the comforts of home and family. Having them over was fun and heart warming. We got to know them a little, about who they are and where their from. Give them good home cooked food (because let me tell ya...the chow hall will get old real fast!) and good conversation and laughs. It might not have been their families they spent time with this year but at least we could be the make shift "family" to get them through their first of sadly many holidays away from home. I will surely miss this opportunity when hubby separates from the Air Force in a few months, but these are memories I'll always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment