Back in December last year I discovered that our Air Force base has an arts and crafts center and they offer classes, ceramics and a "cocktails and canvas" night. I was beyond psyched to find this out! I thought.... FINALLY I can put that play pass they gave me (during hubby's deployment) to good use! And I have been taking advantage of it ever since! I've got a few more classes that I have signed up that are free and next month I'll be taking a few more that I'll pay for, I'm even thinking I might take my mom when she comes to visit next month for her birthday!
Last night I went with one of my girl friends (she also works with my hubby) and had a great time painting our naked ladies LOL! At first I had my doubts as to how I was going to get this painting to turn out right but, in the end I really ended up really LOVING it! The best part for me is; that it gets me out of the house to do my own thing, it is very relaxing (which I am grateful for considering the stress that's been going on lately) and it gets my mind off of the everyday things, it just lets me escape and allows me to be myself. I have forgotten what this all felt like, I have realized (again) how much I enjoyed this and am reminded of why I love this so much when I was in high school! So here are some of our pictures from the night. :)
 |
| My favorite parts of her are her shading, her hair and the green background |
 |
| My girl friend in the middle of making her masterpiece! :) |
 |
| Our finished paintings! |
Jess that is AWESOME! First, the idea of cocktails and canvas night is wonderful. Second, I really love your painting! So cool! I can't wait to see what else you do! :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks like such a fun evening out! Love the finished product.
ReplyDelete