Thursday, January 24, 2013

He Did it!!! He Got The Job!!!

So it looks like as of April we will be calling Northern Virginia home (Sorry Becca, some day Oregon... I swear to it! lol) Okay, I'm gonna pause here and get off track just a smidge... because the reference above is to my good friend Rabecca whom I've known since high school, she is a fabulous self published children's book author, she writes all her own stories, does all her own illustrations and oh yeah... she designs, sculpts and SELLS her own characters from her books! To say that I am so very proud of her is an understatement. She is also a wonderful mother of two and blogs like me in her spare time, you can find her blog here and see her website about her books here . Do check her out, like I said she is amazing! Ok, now down to it... (hey, what's a show without a commercial right? lol) On Monday the company in Northern Virginia who has been dialoging back and forth with my hubs called to offer him the job!!!  Earlier that day he had to prove him self in a lab which he refers to as the "hack-a-thon" LOL! And based upon what he did and his report they love it! So the Mc'C's will finally be leaving Mississippi and make the 15 hour drive north to Northern Virginia (DC Metro Area) in April of this year!!! Now begins a lot of work, I have already been looking into houses and schools and I think I have settled on two towns outside of where he will be working, because it is so expensive to live in Reston, I have chosen either Ashburn (Village) or Leesburg. Leesburg is a lot more affordable but Ashburn has the best schools, so we shall see when the time gets closer what houses (yes, I've already picked some but probably wont be available when we need them) are available. Fingers are crossed that the ones (that have pools) on my list are still available. I am just psyched about all the cool things we will have the opportunity to see and do, especially for my muchkin! Hubby of course on the other hand is thrilled that he will be free (sorry Air Force you we're great to us) that he can trade his uniform for a suit and tie and of course the money that he will be making. I'm so insanely proud of him, he's been working hard for a long time and finally he is going to see all that hard work paid off! I will of course keep you all updated as things roll along but for now, let the purging of the house and slow packing begin!

6 comments:

  1. So Jazzed for you Jess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome news, congrats to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best shout out anyone has ever given me! It means so much to me, to be appreciated by friends, especially fellow artists.

    Congrats to the hubz on his job and congrats on the move. I won't lie, I'm bummed its not here buuuuut Oregon's not going anywhere. I'll be patient ;)

    <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in the area and can give you some pointers! Let me know if you have any questions! apronsandcammies@gmail.com
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in the area and would be happy to help! Please let me know if you have any questions! apronsandcammies@gmail.com

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete