Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day Trip to New Orleans!

He had today off, I had today off and then munchkin had school… so we took the opportunity to take a day trip to New Orleans!! Its only about an hour and thirty five min. drive from home, but since we took the vette we made it in probably an hour, Hahaha! It was an awesome day the vette drove perfectly and we had so much fun just the 2 of us walking around the French Quarter. We had Beignets for breakfast at Cafe Beignet on Bourbon St. which were Oooooh Soooo Yummy!!! Then walked Bourbon to Canal to Royal and then St. Peters. We visited Rev. Zombies house of Voodoo and checked out Preservation Hall, where New Awlins Jazz music was born! After the walking around the French Quarter we headed up a few streets to St. Louise Cemetery No. 1 where I was looking to find Marie Laveau’s The Voodoo Queen of New Orleans grave, but no such luck. The cemetery is huge and we also were running out of time before we needed to head back. I’ll see if I can find the GPS coordinates for next time. I would have also loved to take one of Bloody Marys tours but alas there just wasnt enough time. New Orleans is too cool for just a few hours. I cant wait to go back!

I did end up getting a few trinkets from our trip some postcards a voodoo doll and a gris gris bag from Rev. Zombies.

I just love that the hubby and I got the chance to do this together. I had so much fun just being with him. He is awesomest!

Driving in to New Orleans and then looking to find parking thats not gonna cost us $25.00!!! Waaaaay to rip off the tourists! LOL

Everything was decorated in Mardi Gras colors! It was beautiful!

Interesting History.

The famous water meters that people end up stealing and selling to tourists.

Cafe Beignet at Music Park on Bourbon St.

Oooooh so yummy!

My fav. shop so far…

Preservation Hall is amazing!

World famous Rue Royale!!! I loved the art galleries on this street. I found George Rodrigue Blue Dog gallery!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment