(Warning: Kind of a Rant)
Ive been doing ThredUp for a while now and today is the first day Ive gotten a "bad review" on a box I've sent, and I am pissed! Here's what the reviewer said : "Most of the items had stains on them and were pretty worn. Also one of the items was a 3t and in description said 4. However one item was a very pretty velvet red dress which I will be able to get use out of."
Here's my explanation... First of all this is a clothing swap website. Things that you are going to get are not going to be "brand new" looking they will be "gently used" items and that's what I expect. That's what I think EVERYONE should expect... Its just as if you were to go to a consignment shop, a thrift store or goodwill. I pack every box and think "can this person use this?" and "is this an item I would like to receive" and if I answer those 2 questions with a yes, then it gets packed in a box. I have NEVER and will never send a box that is packed with clothes that are stained! That really pissed me off because I make sure the majority of my daughters clothing is not stained. I use oxi-clean in EVERY wash and I have an abundancey of stain stick removers for that very purpose! She has some clothes that are strictly for play or getting messy but those clothes (after they no longer fit) meet their doom with the trash can.
I take pride in the way my daughter dresses and I like to think that her clothes are nice. I don't always have the money to buy Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger (like Mrs. Reviewer) in fact most of my daughters clothing comes from JC Penny, Target, Justice, Limited Too, Old Navy and Kohls. I think its insane to buy her top name brands like RL or TH at full price when she grows out of them so quickly, don't get me wrong when I come across a good bargain of course I will buy, but even then its just a few things verses a whole wardrobe... my point? Why buy $150 worth in those brands when Im only gonna get a shirt and maybe a skirt or pair of pants when I can take that same amount to Penny's or Justice and buy a bunch of clothes that look just as good. I dont honestly care what the label in the shirt says, I care if its neat and clean looking, I care if its something shes gonna want to wear. As for the 3t comment, it was a item that was labeled 3/4t . So to "Mrs. Reviewer" if your honestly looking for those brands, you need to shop elsewhere and not on a clothing swap website!
GRRRRRR!!!
And just for the record Ive sent off 4 other boxes and everyone has love the clothes I sent.
Ok I'm done now... :P
No comments:
Post a Comment