Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm such a NOOB!

I have discovered there is alot of pretty cool things that people do on blogspot. I feel like such a noob for just getting into the swing of blogging... but hey, we all start some where right?

I see that alot of women do "Milspouse Fill in Friday" post and it got me thinking, hey I could do this thats fun! :)

So here it is... my "Milspouse Fill in Friday" -- Oh I just hope I do this right. lol.



1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad)

Patients, Patients, Patients! Its not my best virtue... It's that whole "hurry up and wait" thing that the military makes every spouse do. Your on pins and needles when they say there's a possibility of the big D. You suddenly move around schedules, change plans and vacations and make a game plan for the next 6 months to suddenly put it on the back burner when they say "oh oops not this month... but it might be oh, sometime in the next 6 months... be prepared" Or hey, its my birthday, hes been TDY for the last 2 months and he's due to come home the day before to find out that "Ooops we made a mistake, were gonna keep him for another 2 weeks".
On the other hand... it has strengthened me. I can cut the grass myself, put together furniture, fix minor car problems and take care of a child all on my own. The thing Ive learned... is to make the best out of this life as you can. Oh and whatever you do... don't let the movers pack your trash can with trash in when you PCS! ... not speaking from experience or anything... lol! ;)

2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from ‘Tis the Life of the Army Wife)

My favorite vacation spot has been Europe... mostly because I love to visit my family. Im actually 1/2 German. Yes, really... my mother is German and my father is American, they met in Germany while he was stationed over there while in the Army. Yup another fact; Im a military brat ;) I love going back, I miss it alot... especially when its been a while since my last visit. Some of my best summers has been spent overseas in Europe and I wouldn't trade that for the world.
In 2005 my mom and I vacationed to Germany and we took 2 side trips. First to Rome Italy which was incredible! The Colosseum, The Pantheon, The Roman Forum, The Piazza Navona... the food alone is worth the trip! The other side trip was to Galtür Austria, one of the most charming skiing communities Ive ever seen. The view atop the Alps is just breath taking! The skiing and the snow boarding was awesome... but I liked the snow ball fights the best ;)

3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)

Hmmm... I would have to go with Chick-Fil-A. Ooooh how I love Chick-Fil-A... we used to eat so much of it at one time our family would call it Crack-Fil-A! LOL! I just hate that they are closed on Sundays, only because that seems to be the day my brain thinks of craving it. Now, if you asked my hubby he would tell you Hooters. Yes, I know hooters is not exactly fast food but he would love seeing a wing place at the food court. He loves hooters and he swears its because of the wings. ;) lol.

4. Where did you go on your honeymoon? (from Pennies from Heaven)

Haha! This is pretty funny for me... we actually didn't have a honeymoon. We were married by the JOP, it wasn't quite a shotgun wedding but close to it ;) After being married for almost 5 years we are currently still waiting to go on a "Honeymoon" and if I could pick a place to go it would be on a cruise. I went once with my mom when I turned 21 and it was amazing! I would love to go with the hubs, I know he would love it.

5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)

When I was little and thought of growing up I wanted to be rock star, a fighter pilot (I watched alot of Top Gun... it is my favorite movie) a karate kid, and an astronaut. Since none of those seemed to have panned out for me... I decided some time ago, I would go into the medical field.
As it turned out.. I liked it! So my dream job would be Rad Tech... which is actually what Im going to school for. Or a PNP (Pediatric Nurse Practitioner) who works for Doctors without Borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment