
Day 2: Favorite Movie
Again, here I am having to "amend" this one to... there are just too, too many that I love
to list just one. So I'm just gonna give you the run down of the ones, I would be pissed if
TMO would lose while moving us. LOL
So staring without any particular order...
Cry Baby: My beyond favorite movie with Johnny Depp... I love the 50's era and the
quirkiness of of John Waters direction. Besides who can resist at movie that has
Johnny Depp, Traci Lords, Iggy Pop and Ricki Lake in it! It has some of the best music
too! "Synopsis Says" Drape Wade Walker, also known as Cry Baby for his ability to shed a single tear, falls head over heels for square
Allison Vernon-Williams who, incidentally, is tired of being good!
Domino: Starring Keira Knightley, Mickey Rourke, Delroy Lindo, Mo'Nique, Macy Gray and the oh so yummy Edgar ramirez! This movie is loosely based on the life of bounty hunter (and personal my personal role model) Domino Harvey. Its a great tale and
shot by one of my all time favorite directors Mr. Tony Scott, his style just rocks my world! His movies are like being on a candy apple acid trip!
Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman Begins & Dark Knight: Note how Batman & Robin are not listed... yeah thats because Joel-freakin-Schumacher ruined the franchise when he put nipples in the bat suit!... If I ever meet him one day... Im gonna ask him Joel... WTF were you thinking! And then punch him straight in the nose! And George Clooney? Seriously....
He just makes me wanna puke! As for the others... I have and will always love Michael Keaton as batman, he is the reason I have fallen in love with Batman... he just made it come to life for me. Christian Bale plays an excellent batman and I am extremely pleased with the way Christopher Nolan has told the story in his new franchise. If you read the comics, he hasnt
totally done justice to them but then again there are so many ways to tell Batman's story that you could hardly pick one way. Never the less I think hes done a great job. And let us not forget the best joker known to man... Mr. Heath Ledger. Oh how I wish you were still among us.
Top Gun: Ok this one is a given... its my favorite Tom Cruise movie of all time. This is the movie I grew up watching and made
me answer "fighter pilot" to Mrs. Elswick's question of what I wanted to be when I grew up, in the 1st grade. Oooh so many lines that I could quote... unless you count that one time while I was really drunk and made a bet to... uh... nevermind ;) but lets just say I'll never forget that its "I feel the need, the need for speed not I HAVE the need for speed" ;)
All The Right Moves: Another Tom Cruise favorite. This one is a just a given too... because its shot in my dad's home town of Johnstown, PA. I fact both my parents are in the movie as extra's in a scene where its shot at my dads old high school.
A Life Less Ordinary: Another one of my quirky favorites! A tale of star crossed lovers in a sense of extraordinary measures. Has a great story line and stars Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor.
Four Rooms; Two words; Tim Roth! A story of hilarious mishap in a famous hotel on New Years Eve... and you'll never guess the ending! Another interesting fact is that this movie has 4 writers and directors ;)
Green Card; GREAT 90's film, starring Gerard Depardieu and Andie MacDowell. He wants a green card, she wants a green house...what to do? Oh lets get married... and see what happens!
Le Divorce: I have to admit the book by Diane Johnson is way better but the movie is great too. It stars Kate Hudson, Naomi Watts, and Stockard Channing.
Green Street Hooligans: An awesome movie about my favorite (European) Football team: West Ham United! This movie gives a great insider eye as to what "football" hooliganism is all about. And it has some good eye candy in it too.
XXX & The Marine: This is totally bias but my favorite hunky men are Vin Diesel & John Cena!
Where the Heart is: Cute little chick flick also based on a book by Bettie Letts. Starring Natalie Portman and Stockard Channing.
Bend it like Beckam: Girls playing soccer that equals kick ass in my book... seeing is how I used to play. I also love the directing style of Gurinder Chada... she also does a fantastic bollywood film called Bride and Prejuice which a cute Indian styled version of ... yup you guessed it, Pride & Prejudice.
Adams Family & Adams Family Values: Because thier ceepy and thier cookey and all together spooky. That makes a pretty good flick in my opinion. :)
The Back to the Future Trilogy: Yes, because Doc Brown ROCKS! This is the film that made me beg my mom and dad to buy a deloran! We had this on Betamax by the way... LOL!
Grease and Grease 2: Theres singing, theres dancing, theres John Travoltra, Oliva Newton John, Michelle Pfeifer and Maxwell Caulfield... not to mention it takes place in the 50s!
The Crow: Ohhhh Brandon Lee oh so yummy! I love insanely hot vigilanties! it has an awesome story line too.
The Punisher: I love the badass-ness of Frank Castle (played by Thomas Jane) it shows what any man would do had his family been taken from him. Dont you just love when justice prvails? Espeically by your own hand. ;)
Zombieland: Just my opinion but GREATEST zombie film known to man! Ok ok, I love George Romero's flicks too but this one I love especially for the "Billy Murray" scene... you know which one. I always tell my husband when he makes zombie type noises... "Dont make me Bill Murray you!"
And last but not least...
Boondock Saints: Oooh super yummy eye candy Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flannery... this movie holds dear to my heart for many many reasons... can you tell I have a thing for vigilantism? LOL!
So that sums up my list... yeah sums... LOL! Ok... ok.. so I could go on all day, what can I say I love movies! In fact I love them so much their usually something I give away as a gift. Mostly for birthdays and at Christmas... I put together a popcorn bucket of goodies like bags of pop corn, cinema candy like snowcaps and sour patch kids and a few movies that I think the person would like... and viol-la! You've got a great gift that's sure to be a hit! ... btw... thats our little secret , mmmm-kay ;)
I totally heart movies!
I don't like George Clooney either. I think he's totally over rated!! And my fav out of the Batmans is Dark Knight. Don't know why, lol.
ReplyDeleteI also like Where the Heart Is, but I liked the book better. Alot of movies are like that, where the book is better, lol.