Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas in the Park and a little Christmas Photography Fun

Last night we took the munchkin to the base to see "Christmas in the Park". Its a light display that the base does at the marina every year. They serve free hot dogs, and hot chocolate and candy. There is free raffles and door prizes. Santa comes to visit and you can take pictures with him as well. We even got a free dvd from him this year, which was Bridge to Terabithia. I had never seen it up until last night and let me just say at the end I was crying like a baby... now I wanna read the book. So here's a few pics from the nights festivities.

Forget the sleigh, Santa came riding in on a fire truck!

Santa and the munchkin are both sporting the "high waters" this season LOL!

And after we came home I decided I wanted to get a little creative with the Christmas tree and practice my Bokeh Photography skills. I looooooove Bokeh photos, they are just look so pretty to me. What is Bokeh? Pronounced Bou-Kei is the aesthetic quality of blur in an out of focus area of an image, its the way the lens renders out of focus points of light. You can also deliberately make bokeh by shallow focus techniques to create images with prominent out of focus regions.
The term comes from the Japanese word Boke, which means blur or haze.

Here's my practice Bokeh... hope you like it. :)


14 comments:

  1. Love the Bokeh pic!! You take such good pics. Those christmas lights are pretty to. I'd love to go to something like that. When I'm around alot of Christmas lights, I'm like a 5 year old, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love going to the see the Christmas lights

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last pic its amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bokeh shot..how did you get it to look like hearts??? That is such a neat effect! Seriously, your bokeh Christmas tree should be a greeting card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shot of santa on the truck and your bokeh shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colorful heart bokeh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hearts! You did it! :)

    darcy
    http://my3boybarians.com

    ReplyDelete