Friday, February 18, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


1.What is your favorite MilSpouse blog (not including Wife of a Sailor who we all love, or your own)? submitted by Our Crazy Life (Wifey note: whaaaat? You can’t say my blog? No fun! LOL, just kidding)

That's easy! Its all the ladies that I have buttons for on my blog and even then some... there are some that don't have buttons but I love their blogs and they know it! :D

2.What are your favorite perks about your s/o being deployed (we all know there are perks)? submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife

Well, we haven’t exactly been through a deployment yet… he has been deployed but they have been quick (as in a few weeks to maybe 2 months) humanitarian missions or other type stuff. And I’d have to say the perks I like are being able to pick the restaurants where I want to go eat out at… usually hubby and I have to rock, paper, scissors each other to the death to see who gets to pick the restaurant, I like being able to do it heehee! I also like not having worry about the housework or doing the extra laundry while he’s gone ;)

3.How long did you date your before getting engaged? Married? submitted by Utterly Chaotic

Hmmm… did we really date? It’s kinda funny because I don’t really consider us having dated. We have known each other since we were able to crawl to each other and we kinda fell out of touch during high school and college. Later though we found each other through the internet and started “talking” again through that… the rest is just history ;)

4.What do you think your would do if s/he wasn’t in the military? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared

He’d be a “white hat” or what we call an ethical hacker or work on computers. He is VERY much a NERD/GEEK. I’m still pretty sure he would end up working for the Government in some way or another… CIA, FBI… etc. Ya, know the show Chuck on NBC? Comes on Monday nights? That in a nutshell is my husband’s fantasy life ;) He feels he is the “real life” Chuck Bartowski. He even worked for Geek Squad at one time just like Chuck works for the Nerd Herd LOL!

5.If you could talk to the Secretary of (fill in your appropriate branch) what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families? submitted by My Life as His (Air Force) Wife

End the Korean hardship tour… a year is definitely waaaaay too long when you have a family. I have to be honest and say that I’d take a deployment over him being gone to Korea for a year any day of the week. Either end it or make it more spouse and family friendly.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from a fellow geek/bookworm/what-have-you. :-) Not having to do laundry quite so frequently is a definite bright side to any absence, I agree.

    ReplyDelete