Sunday, May 1, 2011

Flea Market Find!

This weekend we took a little adventure to Mobile Alabama. We wanted to check out "The largest flea market on the Gulf Coast"... it was pretty big, not huge, but still took up a good 2 hours of our day. Annnnnnnd the best part?! ... and Katie your gonna LOVE this (I thought of you while I browsed through these...) I found a kinda rare, antique Castleton tea cup & saucer set circa 1942 for $3.00. I did some research later and found out that its actually worth around $80.00... kinda makes me wish I had the whole set! I seriously am in LOOOOOOVE with my little dainty addition! Wanna see her?



Such a beauty isn't she? I looove the cream color with the dove colored rose, and the amazing splash of baby blue with the gold edges! I have named her "Claire"... yes, that's right I'm naming my cup! Did you know the act of tea drinking is 5,000 years old! Yup, it dates all the way back to Emperor Shen Nong of China! Europeans didn't catch on till much later in the 1600's and even then the practice of putting handles on tea cups wasn't founded until the 1700's by a British porcelain maker that worked for the British Royals... I guess they were growing tired of burning their little royal fingers on the cups lol! Do any of you have any antique or vintage tea cups?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness! That is so beautiful! I love the blue, and I adore the unique rose color! So sweet, I love Claire!(I think it's kind of adorable that you named her too.)lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! The pattern is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete