Saturday, July 16, 2011

We're Baaaaaaack... From Vacation(s) !!! Part Two...


Ok here we are... hubby is on his way to DC today so I am finally able to sit down and get to the post that I've been meaning to write... the part two of our vacation.

So remember a few weeks ago when I posted about the hubby coming home with a "ticket" and me getting bent out of shape because I thought he got another speeding ticket, well they were in fact 3 tickets to Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure! We decided that since we were going to be in Florida anyway for my high school reunion that we might as well take advantage of it and go now, and it also turned out for the better anyway with hubby trying to save up leave and all for the next two years.

We had an awesome/amazing time, to say the least! It was the munchkin's first time at both parks and my little adrenaline junkie just LOVED the roller coasters (the few that she could ride) too bad she wasn't tall enough for the hulk coaster... she would have loved that. My favorite by far is the new Harry Potter World at Islands of Adventure. The whole area looks like you took some floo powder and ended up right in the middle of Hogsmead! They have Flourish and Blotts book store, Olivanders Wand Shop, Gringotts, you can even have dinner at Hogshead Pub! And then wash it all down with pumpkin juice or a butterbeer! And of course they have the Hogwarts Express and Hogwarts Castle right in the middle of it all. I felt like I seriously just stepped onto the pages of the book! It was amazing! But see for yourself... ;)


Hagrids House! Only wish we could have come around for some tea and cake! ;)


Flight of the Hippogriff Roller Coaster! The munchkin's favorite ride of the park!

The munchkin waiting in line ever so patiently to ride the roller coast for the 10th time that day.

Hubby and the munchkin in front of Hogwarts.

Just walking around in Hogsmead.
Me and my butterbeer, please excuse the sweaty mess that I appear to be, it was extremely hot!

At superhero island in front of the hulk coaster!

Spiderman Ride in 3-D! One of my old favorites.

I don't think this statement could be more true... lol!

The new Rip Rockin Roller Coaster at Universal Studios, look at that 90 degree drop! It runs one whole width of the park, long enough to listen to a song of your choice while riding! Hands down one the coolest coasters ever!

"Tickle, Tickle Mr. Jaws..." That's what the munchkin said while I took the pic. LOL!

My little star on Hollywood Blvd!

So there you have it... our awesome trip to Universal & Islands of Adventure... I would do it again in a heartbeat, hell I would do it again everyday! Hubby is the only lucky one with that sorta experience... he used to work the Men in Black ride while he was there for college at Devry. Hope you enjoyed the post & pics. Have a great weekend! :)

1 comment: