Monday, October 3, 2011

Proud Momma to a Girl Scout Daisy!


That's right! We've joined Girl Scouts! Munchkin is enrolled as a Daisy, and I couldn't be more happy! I was a Girl Scout myself after all... With the hub's big "D" coming up... I figure we could use all the distraction we can get for while he will be gone. Plus, Girl Scouts is a lot of fun... ok, ok... I'm really in it for the cookies LMAO! Just kidding! ;)


Munchkin had her first meeting last Thursday, she learned the girl scout promise and the friendship circle song and also got to work on her first flower petal patch! I was glad that her uniform made it in time for her first meeting! She was so proud to wear it, I pretty much had to hog tie her and peel it off when we came home!

Here's some pics of my proud little Daisy! Can't wait to start earning some patches!

On my honor... :)

And just for the fun of it... a old picture of myself (1991) in Girl Scouts. Can you find me?...
I'm in the first row...
All the way to the left. My momma's in the back row, she was our leader :)

And what Girl Scout journey isn't complete without a an adventure to camp!
Camp Caloosa (1993)

And Camp Chanyatah! Which was always my favorite! (1995) :)

I can't wait to go camping with the munchkin! :D

6 comments:

  1. awwww yay! how cute she looks!!!!!!! im currently working on our little girl joining too

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute she looks ! im on the waiting list for our daughter!! love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You guys have a waiting list going?! That's one busy council! Hope you guys get in soon! Its so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting! I bet she is very happy to follow in proud mommas footsteps! And NOM NOM!... GS cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son has been in Cub Scouts since 1st grade and we've had a blast. I was a Girl Scout too, but ended up with a yucky boy! =) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't allowed to be in the Girl Scouts. My dad was/is a Pastor and the meetings were always on church night. My parents wouldn't let me miss church :(

    But I'm totally all about the cookies :P When they start selling them let me know and I'll buy a bunch so you can mail them, lol.

    ReplyDelete