Friday, June 1, 2012

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In (For June)


Wow! I almost forgot about these... now that they are once a month or is it once in a while? I forget about them a little more easily. Wow... not to get off track but I just have to get this out... Did I really just see Jordan Knight (from New Kids on the Block) do a jingle for an Old Navy commercial? Wow... is that what they have really come to? *sigh* I guess that's what they have to work with since their big come back tour was such a big flop LOL!


1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?

I think it might be safe to say... I'd change just about EVERYTHING! Holy crap it has been a rough time the past few months... lots of ups and downs, lots of drama and lots of WTF momnets LOL! But what's a deployment without a little drama right? LOL!

2. What was your favorite thing that happened in May?

That would be the munchkin's Kindergarten graduation! I now officially have a first grader! It's been kind of a rough year for her... she is far more advanced than the other kids in her class and therefor gets into some trouble when she gets done with her work early, her school also doesn't have a "gifted program" for kindergarten... another reason I particularly hate our school district/state for education. They also decided about 3/4th of the way through the school district that she needs to see a speech pathologist, she does have trouble saying certain words like "Whispers" or "Seashells" or "Pumpernickel", but that is a whole other blog post lol! Never the less... we made it and hopefully she will be happy in first grade with a great teacher that sees her potential not her faults like this year.

3. June includes the first day of summer… what are your plans for the summer?

Well since we are in the beautiful state of Florida... those plans will include... beach, swimming in pools, shopping at Ikea (finally) amusment parks like Seaworld, Bush Gardens and possibly Disney... we shall see... the bright side of having extra money from a deployment?... extra money to do awesome things you don't normally get the chance to. The down side... its a LOT harder to save that money LOL!

4. Do you use the services on base (gym, financial planning, family services, daycare)? And if so, what’s your favorite one? (thanks to Shanon at Modern Meets Traditional for this question!)

We do... with things like "parents night out/give parents a break" we also try to do some of the fun things our base offers like; geocasheing, fishing rodeos, the free pool etc. I look at it this way... these programs get funding and if no one uses them then the following year they get less funding or they might stop getting funding at all... and then no one gets to have fun. The one we enjoy the most is obviously "parents night out/give parents a break" its a great time for us to relax without having the kiddo around, its a chance for us to go on a real date and have someone we trust watch her. She also enjoys it very much because she gets to go to the youth center and play video games, roller skate in the gym, watch movies and eat pizza with her friends. And seeing how our nearest trusted baby-sitters (our parents) are about 400 miles away, this comes in handy! :)

5. What are you looking forward to in June?

Just having another month behind us and being one month closer to having hubby/daddy home. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment