Tuesday, August 16, 2011

10 Day You Challenge: Day 4


Today is all about books! YAY! One of my favorite subjects to blog about! (as if you couldn't tell lol!) I'm gonna do this like I did yesterday, because you all liked that right?! ;)


So for my current reading status; I am in the midst of J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood book # 8- Lover Mine, and so far it is fantastic! Obviously, since I'm more than half way through the book already and I've only been reading it for 2 days! That is how most of her books go for me though, they are so good I just can't put them down and before I know it I'm done. I have tried taking my time reading these books, because I want them to last. Yes, they are THAT good! If you haven't read them yet, and your into paranormal romance (basically vampires but oh-so-much-sexier than your little sisters twilight books) I highly recommend them! Go, now... RUN to your nearest bookstore and buy the whole set, because once you've read the first, you'll want to read them all! I will truly be sad once I've read the whole series, but I know they are so good I will want to read them over and over again. :)

Next up on my reading list is a cozy mystery... only I am stuck on deciding between two... they are both new author's to me and I own both, so it does not matter which I read first. Hey! I've got it! I'll let you guys decide! Here... I'll even give you a short blurb on both... and just put your vote in the comment box below ;) Kinda fun telling me what to do right?! LOL! I'm like your little reading puppet for you to command... ;)


(Vote for me! Vote for me!)
A Sheet Cake Named Desire (A Piece of Cake Mystery) by: Jacklyn Brady

New Orleans pastry chef Rita Lucero is out to bake her way to the top. But when she finds her almost-ex-husband killed with a chef's knife in his back, she becomes suspect number one. Now it's up to her to find the real killer before she winds up as the next victim served.


(No, no, no... Vote for me! Vote for me!) Tempest in the Tea Leaves (A Fortune Telle
r Mystery) by: Kari Lee Townsend

Using various fortune telling tools to interpret her visions, Sunny seeks to aid the residents of Divinity, New York. But when she uses tea leaves to read the frazzled town librarian, what lies at the bottom of the cup is anything but helpful.


And finally... what book I can't wait to hit the shelves next is... Jenn McKinlay's next awesome book in her Cupcake Bakery Mystery Books. It's her third book in the series and I have a feeling I'm going to love it like her other two! I'm a big fan of her work and love that I can actually chat back and forth with her through comments on facebook, yeah shes cool like that!

So there you have it! Straight from Jess's bookshelves... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment